Leslie is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) who assists leaders to accomplish their personal and professional goals aligned with the corporate mission, vision, and strategy. Her clients represent a wide range of organizations: trade associations, construction and engineering firms, international businesses, educational institutions, government agencies, and not-for-profit organizations.
Leslie’s focus is in three areas: corporate leadership development using a combination of off-site programs and individual consulting; career development for individuals; and strategic coaching. Leslie creates personalized reports combining data from many different assessments. Client reports are specifically tailored to their particular aptitudes and personality preferences and contain specific recommendations on how to leverage their strengths for their personal and professional development.
About 80% of her work is for corporate leader development. In every case she uses a variety of assessments of which the Leader HAB is a key component.
1. Leader development off site programs. The programs are 4 days long and include a combination of classroom lectures, outdoor activities, and 1:1 assessment reviews. She uses a variety of assessments of which HAB is a key part. On the last day of the program, participants create an Action Plan for their leadership development.
2. Executive team development . On-site programs to help executive teams in the area of communication, collaboration, strategic planning, and role definition. Usually, any on -going work is done with the CEO or team leader to help them to lead more effectively.
3. Leader placement, promotion, or hiring. Again, HAB is one of the assessments as it is not validated for hire/fire. She has one company in particular that has used the leader report to identify high potentials for future leadership roles. It has been extremely helpful for them. She then follows-up by meeting with the CEO’s executive team to help them evaluate who should be asked to participate in their on-going leader development initiatives.
4. Coaching clients. All of Leslie’s coaching clients begin their work together with a deep dive into self-awareness. Of course, HAB is a key component that enables her pinpoint strengths and challenge areas.
The remaining 20% of Leslie’s work entails assisting those in career transition: Students who are determining the best post high school options, adults who are considering a new career direction or their best role within that career field, re-entry women, and those considering their next best fit after retirement.
Since 1991, Leslie has been President of the Highlands Consulting Group, Inc. a leadership and career development company. She uses The Highlands Leadership Ability Battery as the foundational assessment for evaluating the strengths and areas of challenge for executives who desire to improve performance. The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Hogan Personality, and many 360-degree feedback tools round out her in-depth assessment process for organizational leaders.
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor of Arts in Russian History – University of Pennsylvania
• Adjunct faculty to The Federal Executive Institute, graduate school for the Senior Executive Service of the U.S. Government
• Charter certified corporate coach, Corporate Coach University
• Professional Certifications for the Center for Creative Leadership´s Benchmarks and Skillscope; DiSC; Hogan Personality
• Charter certification for Myers Briggs Type Indicator