Take the Next Step on Your Journey of Self-Discovery
The Don’t Waste Your Talent Coaching Program is an 8-session process following completion of the Highlands Ability Battery online assessment and feedback consultation.
This intensive program is designed to provide expert coaching that keeps you at the center for making work and life decisions, for you, by you, taking the whole you into account.
Guided by a Highlands Certified Consultant (HCC), you will have a minimum of 8 contact hours to process online, self-paced assignments you complete on your own. During the process you will:
- Reflect on each of the eight factors in Highlands’ Whole Person Model (abilities, skills, interests, personal style, family, values, goals, stage of career) to integrate them at this point in time.
- Create a holistic Personal Vision Statement.
- Make decisions about how to express your Personal Vision in your work and in your life—your Career Vision.
- Map out steps for bridging the outcomes of the process to your new future.
Your Highlands Certified Consultant (HCC) will be your guide throughout the program—your life coach. You can search our online directory to find a Consultant, or you can submit a contact form and we’d be happy to assist you with finding the right guide.
Your HCC will set up a schedule with you to cover the length of the coaching program. In all, you will have at least eight contact hours with your HCC to process the results of online, self-paced assignments. Most of the work you can do on your own, at a time that is convenient for you and fits with your schedule.
Part of your assignments will include reading the Highlands publication, Don’t Waste Your Talent: The 8 Critical Steps to Discovering What You do Best. The chapters are assigned according to the exercises and topics that you complete. This book is a rich resource filled with stories of people who have already gone through the program (originally in a 10-12 week, in-person format). Learning about their process provides authentic and relevant connections to the work that you’ll be doing. And regular meetings with your HCC life coach ensures that you will move through the assignments at an agreed-upon pace and finish strong, completing all of the program objectives.
- Unearth or raise self-awareness about the whole you so you can be the driver of your decision making.
- Actively and systematically interact with the 8 factors in the Highlands’ whole-person model of life and career decision making.
- Build in accountability for progress by working with your trained HCC.
- Receive the support of an objective partner (your HCC) who is outside of your current “system.”
- Understand and articulate your priorities so that you can convey them to others at work and at home.
- Create a Personal Vision—your key to moving from stress to balance.
- Apply your Personal Vision to your career by developing a Career Vision.
- Become comfortable with a reflection process that can be used to make future decisions as well as those you are facing now.
What can I expect to gain from the program?
At the end of the program, you will have so much more than simply a list of potential career areas that might be a good fit. Alongside the process of developing your Personal Vision, you will also be guided by your life coach in applying your HAB results to real-life situations. You will walk away with concrete, practical advice that can improve every working day for the rest of your life.
And while many people sign up for the program because they are at a Turning Point in their career lives, they find that they walk away with something that goes far deeper than simply directing their next one or two steps. The process of taking inventory of your life and methodically thinking through each of the eight elements of the Whole Person Model means that you will always have a reference point and guide for whatever the future brings. Learn more about Crisis & Change.
How will my life be different as a result?
You won’t have to fear employment changes that are beyond your control. Instead, you can take control by developing a Personal Vision that will guide you throughout the rest of life’s turning points. People have many reasons for choosing and changing careers, but it’s rare for someone to deliberately take stock of every aspect of their lives in a productive and focused manner. The advantage you gain by doing that, both in peace of mind and future direction, is priceless.
How much does it cost?
Your Highlands Certified Consultant will give you the pricing for the Don’t Waste Your Talent Coaching Program.
How do I get started?
The first step is to connect with a Highlands Certified Consultant or contact Highlands for assistance in selecting one. He or she will expertly guide you through the program.