A life coach is a career counselor whom you trust to guide you through the various stages of your life and career – through career assessment, career planning, career changes, and into career development and career satisfaction. The sooner you latch onto a life coach, the sooner you can begin the process of managing your career to achieve your goals and a sense of peace and fulfillment.
What a Good Life Coach Will Do
- Recommends the best assessments of your abilities and skills
- Helps you to identify and clarify your interests, values, and goals
- Guides you through periods of stress and pressure
- Identifies the obstacles you face at work and home
- Enables you to understand how your family has influenced you
- Works with you to create a Personal Vision and an action plan for success
- Keeps you on track and responsible for your decisions
- Is there for you whenever you need to “talk things out” or deal with all kinds of problems, including relationships, low self-esteem, and grief
A good life coach is your ally and your friend. When you sense within you that the time has come for a major career change, your life coach will understand the turmoil you’re feeling and will give you the courage to make the right change – even when your family and associates may recommend against it. A good coach will serve as your advocate and your conscience as well as your mentor and your sounding board.
Are you looking for a life coach? Many Highlands Certified Consultants are also life coaches. Search the directory to find the right coach for you.