Career coaches are experienced in fundamental issues of career management and career development – they are typically trained to guide you in time management, stress reduction, improving your communication skills, developing your leadership skills, problem-solving, decision-making and project planning.
If you are unsure whether or not it’s time for you to enlist the help of a career coach or consultant, ask yourself these questions.
- What career issues are on my mind?
- What career decisions do I have to face?
- What are my plans for future career development?
- What careers are best suited to my abilities? to my skills?
- What am I most interested in?
- What do I want to achieve over the next 10 years?
- How well am I balancing work and family?
- Am I happy in my work?
- Do I feel the urge to make a career change?
- Are my abilities and skills being used effectively?
- How connected do I feel to my fellow workers? my family?
- Have my values changed? Are they consistent with my work?
- What are my goals for the next 10 years of my life? 20 years?
If these questions are troubling you or you can’t answer them easily, then consider a career coach. The Highlands Company has trained hundreds of career professionals around the globe to help students, adults, and business leaders find career and life happiness. Search our directory to find a professional near you.