Sam Voorhies, Ph.D.
18395 Lazy Summer Way
Working with leaders, their teams and organizations to achieve exceptional performance is Sam’s passion. His educational background and extensive experience make’s him uniquely positioned to work with diverse leaders and their teams. He strives to build leadership and organizational capacity, enabling leaders and their teams to become, and accomplish, more than they thought possible. Sam’s approach assesses capabilities and expands current successes for more effective leadership and team growth that are aligned with organizational mission, values and strategy.
For the last eight years Sam has led his own consulting company Voorhies International Consulting (VIC) (www.samvoorhies.com). His expertise and the work of VIC encompasses multiple areas of executive leadership, coaching, team and organizational development:
• Global executive leadership development through individual career assessment, coaching and succession planning
• Leadership and team assessments for strategic leader development and team building
• Organizational Leader development strategy and talent management
Strategy development for mission, values and operational implementation alignment
• Change design and implementation to improve performance, build capabilities, and strengthen cultural behaviors for ongoing change
• Global international governance structure and board development
Cross-inter-cultural intelligence for leadership, management, communications and adaptation. Sam has wide-ranging and in-depth cross-cultural experience, having resided in Africa for 12 years, and worked in more than 75 countries.
• High-impact presentations and team retreats to build individual and team awareness and cohesiveness, resulting in effective decision making, communication, conflict mitigation, change and stress management, especially for multi-cultural and virtually-located teams.
• Sam’s most recent organizational role focused on strategy, senior leadership development, organizational change and board governance for the World Vision International Partnership (a global partnership of 100 offices with 40,000 staff and global budget of $2.7 billion). He last served as Global Director for Leadership and Organizational Development. During this time, Sam also had the privilege of working with Peter Drucker who served as an advisor to the global leadership program he was leading.
Education and Certifications:
• Ph.D. International Development Education, Florida State University: concentrations in International Development, Adult Education, Development Anthropology and Communications. Summa Cum Laude
• Post Graduate Certificate, Human Resource Management and Organizational Development, Florida State University
• M.A. in Education, Wheaton College Graduate School. Cum Laude
• B.A. in Psychology. Southeastern Louisiana University. Cum Laude
• Highlands Certified Consultant – Natural Ability Battery
• Executive Leadership Coaching, certification through Linkage International
• The Myers Briggs Type Inventory and MBTI step II
• The Emotional Intelligence Quotient – MHS Bar-On EQ I
• The Intercultural Intelligence assessment and mapping ICQ tool – Knowledgeworkx
• Management Development diploma of merit, New Port University
• Post Graduate Certificate: Human Resource Management and Organizational Development
• Situational Leadership, The Ken Blanchard Company