Marilyn Fettner, MCC, NCC, LCPC
910 Skokie Blvd., Suite 107
I’m passionate about helping you live your best life – both professionally and personally.
I believe there is always a solution, or at least some way to improve a situation or ease stress. In my work of 24+ years, I’ve coached students, executives, career changers, entrepreneurs, and back-to-work professionals of all kinds, to achieve career satisfaction. I provide genuine caring, business savvy and personalized resources, to help you build a realistic plan for success.
“I utilize an integrative process customized for your individual style and goals, with a flexible step-by-step process and practical strategies you can start to apply immediately.”
Resources and strategies available for you:
- Written checklists, exercises and guides – included in your meeting fee.
Skills coaching with optional “check-ins” to support your progress – included in your meeting fee.
- In addition to the Highlands Ability Battery, I also offer career interest, personality style, and skills assessments and exercises for both students and adults.
- Guidance in practical tasks of career development, such as, resume development, LinkedIn profiles, job search planning, and interview coaching.
- Coaching techniques to manage challenges that may be getting in your way, such as difficult workplace relationships, organizing work tasks, and LD, ADHD, or emotional issues.
Because I believe that “everything is connected” I offer you a holistic perspective.
- Whether you’re dealing with a career decision, a difficult relationship, or a learning, emotional or medical issue, each of these issues impacts the others.
- A holistic approach offers a big-picture view of how issues naturally interconnect in our lives. The advantage of this perspective is that new possibilities for solutions can emerge that might not have been evident by considering each issue in isolation.
- This is why I’ve undertaken education and training in numerous practice areas that include career counseling, executive coaching, mental health counseling, couples counseling, ADHD coaching and others – so I can be a resource for you, whatever your challenge, with the benefit of a “whole person” perspective.
Background: I started my practice in 1998, with career and life coaching services for adults. With additional education and training, I began providing counseling to adults 18 years and older, and also couples.
Notable honors include: co-author of Sanity and Success for Working Women – A Quick Guide to Survive and Thrive in the Corporate World, guest career consultant on Fox TV’s Good Day Chicago and NBC TV’s Starting Over; quoted in Crain’s Chicago Business, Tribune’s Employment Outlook, Today’s Chicago Woman Magazine (and tcwmag.com), Make It Better Magazine, and ACA’s Counseling Today. Prior to starting my practice, I served as: Director of Training for McCormick Place/Navy Pier, Manager for Coldwell Banker, Director of Professional Development for the North Shore Board, Certified Associate for Lee HechHarrison and junior high teacher for Schechter Middle School. Additional roles: recruiter, corporate training consultant and freelance writer.
Education and Certifications:
Illinois Licensed Professional Counselor; Master Career Counselor, National Career Development Association; National Certified Counselor, National Board for Certified Counselors; M.S. in Counseling, National Louis University; M.A. in Human Resource Development, Webster University; B.A. in Education, Northeastern Illinois University; Certified in Myers-Briggs Type Indicator/MBTI and Strong Interest and Skills Confidence Inventory, Consulting Psychology Press; Certified in Highlands Ability Battery, The Highlands Company; Certified Coaching Instructor, Achieve Global; CHADD Certified Volunteer Teacher Parent2Parent Program (for ADHD), CHADD; Gottman Couples Method I, Gottman Institute; Collaborative Divorce Coach, Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois, Trained Divorce Mediator, Northwestern University.
Professional Memberships: American Counseling Association, Illinois Counseling Association, National Career Development Association, Exclusive Professional Women’s Networking Group, Children and Adults with Attention and Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Fellow of the Collaborative (Divorce) Law Institute of Illinois, The Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois and International, Professionals in Learning Disabilities and Special Education.